AR2™ delivers a better ride, longer life, and lighter weight for more payload capacity, improved durability for less downtime, high articulation capabilities for on/off road applications and designed and manufactured components that deliver more comfort and even better system performance.
|CONVERSION KIT1||COMPLETE ASSEMBLY|
|Model||AR2 40K||AR2 46K||AR2 40K||AR2 46K|
|Installed Weight2 (lbs.)||664||669||1,079||1,084|
|Suspension Rating (lbs.)||40,000||46,000||40,000||46,000|
|GVW Approval3 (lbs.)||73,000||80,000||73,000||80,000|
|GCW Approval (lbs.)||160,000||190,000||160,000||190,000|
|Site Travel Rating4 (lbs.)||55,000||60,000||55,000||60,000|
|Diagonal Articulation5 (in.)||14||14||14||14|
|Ride Heights (in.)||9.5, 10.5||9.5, 10.5||9.5, 10.5||9.5, 10.5|
|Axle Spacing (in.)||52, 54||52, 54||52, 54||52, 54|
|Lift Axles||See Below7||See Below8||See Below7||See Below8|
AR2 is approved6 for vocational truck applications such as dump under 18 feet, crane/boom and platform applications.
Contact Hendrickson for approval of additional applications.
1. Conversion kit center bushing — if existing RT/RTE suspension includes bronze center bushings, they must be replaced with rubber center bushings. Bronze center bushings are incompatible with transverse torque rods.
2. Installed weight is for 52-inch axle spacing. Conversion kit installed weight includes torque rods, axle brackets and frame brackets. Complete assembly installed weight includes fabricated equalizing beam assembly, cross tube, torque rods, axle brackets and frame brackets. Any comparison to other suspensions should consider all of these components, including axle brackets.
3. Contact Hendrickson for applications that may exceed GVW approval ratings.
4. Site Travel Rating — Ratings are limited to no more than 5% of vehicle operation at speed not to exceed 5 mph. Site travel ratings are consistent with published axle manufacturer’s limitations. Axle and suspension site travel specifications must not be exceeded.
5. Suspension articulation may exceed vehicle’s capability and may be limited by vehicle manufacturer; vehicle manufacturer installed axle stops may restrict suspension’s articulation.
6. AR2 is approved for vehicles equipped with aluminum beams up to a 38K maximum capacity.
7. No add-on lift axles
8. One or more lift axles. Maximum 50,000 lbs. load on suspension for site travel.
A "Hendrickson Conversion Kit" is a way for you to re-invest in, or re-invent, your truck. Our kits are custom designed to your vehicle specifications and desired application.Explore
PLUS+, “Parts Look Up System,” to help with all of your serviceable parts and cross reference needs.Search PLUS+
We engineer, design, manufacture and offer MAAXUPTIME resources and solutions to help you work more efficient.Experience MAAXUPTIME