Last Updated: April 12, 2022
For purposes of European data protection laws, the controller responsible for the described data collection and processing is Hendrickson Holdings, L.L.C. of 500 Park Blvd. Suite 450, Itasca, IL 60143, USA.
Information We May Collect
1. Contact information. For example, we may collect your name and email address. We may also collect your street address or phone number. We may collect other I.D. numbers like user names.
2. Demographic information. For example, we might collect information about your buying preferences. We might also collect information about the vehicle(s) or related equipment you own or operate. Information we collect might include the makes and models. We might also collect serial numbers or in-service dates.
3. Payment information. For example, if you make purchases, we might collect your credit card information. Alternatively, we might work with third party payment processors to collect your information.
4. Behavioral and usage information. For example, we may collect information about the website browser you are using and other technical information, such as IP address, device type, and unique device identifiers. We might also track the pages you visit or the third-party websites from which or to which you go from our website. We may collect this information using the tracking or analytic tools. To control those tools, please read the "Your Choices" section.
How We May Collect Information
We collect information directly from you. For example, we may collect information when you make an online purchase. We may collect information in conjunction with offer purchase incentives or surveys we conduct.
We collect information from you passively. For example, we use tracking or analytic tools like cookies and web beacons to track user behavior over time and across different websites. To control those tools, please read the "Your Choices" section. We may also use advertising IDs on mobile devices. To disable ad ID functionality on your device, please see here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074#iOS (for Apple users) or here https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662856?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Android (for Android users).
We combine information we obtain from third parties and other sources. For example, if you have purchased one of our products and then purchase an extended warranty, we may combine information we have obtained about you from different sources. We may also combine information about you that we learn from third parties, like vehicle manufacturers, with information we already have.
Use of Information Collected
We use information for various purposes. These might include:
1. To process and respond to your requests. For example, we may use your information to respond to questions you may have about one of our products.
2. To tell you about new products and services. For example, we might send you updates about our websites or new products. We may also send you other information which we think you might find interesting. We may contact you using the contact information we have about you. We may also customize our website to show you products or information we think you would find interesting.
3. To operate and improve our Websites. For example, we may use information we collect to analyze trends, to improve Website layout, and to customize your experience with us. We may also use information to better understand our audience and our customers and their interests. We might also store any applicable passwords of registered website users or past Website visitors. We sometimes work with third parties to help us with our Website monitoring activities. Our monitoring may include tracking your online activities, either by ourselves or with the help of our vendors.
4. To serve advertisements, including interest-based advertising based on profiles developed about you. We and third parties may conduct tracking in order to serve you with advertisements in which you may be interested. These advertisements may be served on our Websites or on third-party websites. To do this, we and third parties may track your behavior over time and across multiple websites and devices.
5. To protect our company and our customers. For instance, we may use your information for security purposes to help protect the Website, or to detect and investigate activities that may be illegal or prohibited.
6. As otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you.
Information Sharing With Third Parties
We may share information:
With our corporate entities, affiliates, and subsidiaries.
With business partners and third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may share information with vendors, or authorize them to collect information on our behalf. Some vendors may be located outside of the United States.
With any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business was sold we may sell our customer list as part of that transaction.
To government agencies or law enforcement. We may also share information with others if we think we are legally obligated, or to protect ourselves. For example, this may include disclosing information in response to subpoenas or investigative requests.
For other reasons as may be described to you.
You can opt out of marketing emails by following the instructions in any marketing emails you receive. To request changes to or to review your information, please send us an e-mail. We will process your request as required by law.
You can control cookies and tracking tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. Since flash cookies do not reside in your browser, your browser settings will not affect them. To control flash cookies, you thus need to click here http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
We and third parties may display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple website or other platforms. If you do not want to be tracked online for interest-based advertising purposes, you can opt-out here http://optout.aboutads.info.
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Options you select are browser and device specific.
If you configure your browser to block cookies, you may not be able to use certain features on our Website. Also, if you don't provide us with information you may not be able to participate in certain features, or some features may not work.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com or write to us at the address listed below.
Your EU and Other Privacy Rights
Where provided under applicable law, you may request information about the personal information about you that we hold, and you may ask about all recipients of the information, the purpose of the processing, request the correction of incorrect information, and request the blocking, deletion and portability of such information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification if you request this information. Any access request may be subject to a fee to provide you with details of the personal information we hold about you.
You have the right, where provided under applicable law, to ask us not to process your personal information.
You have the right, where provided under applicable law, to be informed, to access to certain information, to be indemnified in certain cases, to data portability, and to ask us not to process your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information or clicking "unsubscribe" on the emails you receive or by changing your settings on your device. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Lawful basis for processing your personal data.
We process on the following legal bases:
1. Contract: It is necessary for our performance of the contract you have agreed to enter with us. If you do not provide your personal data to us, we will not be able to carry out our obligations under the terms of the contract.
2. Legitimate Interests: We are permitted to process your personal data if it is based on our legitimate interests. In relation to general inquiry and complaints you send us, our legitimate interest is to provide you with information you have requested and to provide customer support. You can object to the processing that we carry out on the grounds of legitimate interests. See the section "Rights of data subjects" below to find out how.
3. Consent: Where you have given us consent to do so, we provide you, or permit third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services which we feel may interest you. You have the right to withdraw your consent. Please see the section "Rights of data subjects" below to find out how.
4. Legal Claims: We need to process your personal data to defend or establish a legal claim (for example, claims relating to the sale of our goods and services under contract law).
Rights of data subjects
You have the following rights, where provided under applicable law, regarding your information (each of which are subject to various exceptions and limitations):
3. The right to rectification: You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
4. The right to erasure: This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
5. The right to restrict processing: You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
6. The right to data portability: You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services and platforms.
7. The right to object: You have the right to object to certain types of processing, in particular processing based on our legitimate interests. You also can object at any time to your information being used for direct marketing purposes (including profiling related to such direct marketing). Where you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to an EU data protection authority.
Please note your rights in relation to your personal data are not absolute. We may, for example, deny you access to your personal data when required or authorized by law, or if granting access would have an unreasonable impact on another individual’s privacy.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed to provide you with any services which you request. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Security and Storage
We use technical and organizational security measures to protect our Websites. We store information for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes described here. We will also store information for as long as we are required to legally.
While we use reasonable security measures, we cannot guarantee that the Internet or your computer or mobile device will be completely secure. We encourage you to take steps to protect yourself online. For example, do not share passwords with other people, and make sure that any online account information you may have remains secure.
Our websites are not created for children. We do not believe children are interested in our websites, and do not knowingly collect information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have information about your child who is under 13, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address listed below, Attn: Webmaster. To learn more about how to protect your child online, visit the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's website and read the FTC's helpful information.
Information Transfer and Storage
Our websites may be operated in the United States and other countries located outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Please be aware that information you provide to us may be transferred to or processed in the United States or other countries located outside of the EEA. The standard of data protection in the United States and in certain other countries where we may process your information is considered by the European Commission to be not adequate when compared to the date protection standards of the EU and EEA. Please also be aware that by using our Websites and giving us your information, you consent to such transfer.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our privacy practices, you can contact us emailing at email@example.com or by telephone in the U.S. at 630-874-9711. If you would prefer to write to us, our address is:
Hendrickson Holdings, L.L.C.
Attn: VP of Human Resources
840 S. Frontage Road
Woodridge, IL 60517