Features & Benefits
Hendrickson’s SOFTEK® NXT system combines the STEERTEK NXT axle
and monoleaf spring technology with an advanced integrated clamp
group design. This complete system saves up to 107 pounds compared
to a traditional two-leaf spring and I-beam axle system.
The SOFTEK NXT system is designed for heavy-duty truck applications
rated for 12,500 pound capacities. The advanced design captures
characteristics of the traditional mechanical suspension while reducing
weight to help increase fuel economy and payload capacity.
- STEERTEK NXT comes with a standard 10-year, 1 million mile limited warranty*
Monoleaf Spring Technology
- Reduces weight up to 74 lbs. compared to standard 2-leaf springs
- Eliminates inter-leaf friction which improves ride and comfort
STEERTEK NXT Axle
- The box-shaped cross section resists horizontal, vertical and twisting forces more effectively than traditional I-beam axles which improves handling
- Continuous beam architecture minimizes stress points for added durability
- Integrated axle seats to improve ground clearance, reduce part count and simplify assembly
SOFTRIDE™ Monoleaf Technology
- Utilizes proprietary manufacturing techniques
to help ensure long service life
- Replaces the need for a second leaf thus reducing weight
- Reduces maintenance and front end noise
- Requires no lubrication
Steering and Tie Rod Arms
- Integrated for increased strength and reduced weight
Two-piece Knuckle Assembly
- Significantly reduces the time required to service the kingpin bushings
- Premium kingpin bushings and seals provide enhanced protection from the elements to improve bushing life
Lightweight Clamp Group
- Weighs up to 33 pounds less than original I-beam and spring clamp group
- Compatible with drum or disc brakes
- Accepts both 5/8” and ¾” brake hardware
All applications must be pre-approved by both Hendrickson and Peterbilt. The SOFTEK NXT system is integral to and available exclusively with the STEERTEK NXT axle.
Contact Hendrickson or vehicle manufacturer for availability
* 10-year, 1 million mile limited warranty covers certain structural components only. Warranty coverage applies to the axle beam, steering arm, knuckle assembly and kingpin
when used in applications approved by Hendrickson and within the proper guidelines of the product. Warranty does not cover components experiencing normal wear.
Contact Hendrickson for full warranty details and limitations.
Actual product performance may vary depending upon vehicle configuration, operation, service and other factors.